Thursday, September 29, 2005


E-bay Has Made Me A Winner

Why is it that winning on e-bay is so thrilling? Am I going to become an addict? I mean, as we speak I have 2 different wins being delivered to me and it's exciting... Products that are going to make my computer a happier friend to work with. Winning on e-bay is going to make my life a better place. I'll be able to shut myself off from the rest of the people in the bubble where I live in (some people might call it a community) and just check my e-mail and read about current events and talk to people through messenger and win more stuff on e-bay. A friend and I were looking for clothes and found some pretty cool stuff. I don't have to buy crap in the shops! I could even start placing orders at the Tesco website and have them deliver it so I would never have to leave my room. Like ever. And I wouldn't be completely anti-social; I have a room mate. And if she gets a wireless card, SHE can stay in the room all day long and order stuff from Tesco and e-bay and we can talk to each other on MSN messenger and look at cool clothes together and leave messages on each other's blogs! Maybe I'll meet someone online and get a virtual marriage certificate and once we collect enough money in our joint Paypal account I can move halfway across the world to Micronesia, or whever my on-line dreamboat is from, and I'll take my computer with me; a change of scenery would do us both some good, I think. Carry on from inside a set of 4 new walls with my new marriage-Messenger buddy who will always be on-line when I need him.


This is how Shut-Ins are born, isn't it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian M. Borton said...

There was a guy that did that for a year...just selling and buying on ebay. Then he wrote a book about it, published it, and made money. You could do it with lots of girly things and then be super popular!

lots of love,
Ian

6:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah Faith said...

im with ian. good plan, i say.

update already!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Deblin said...

That's 'cause you guys are all "OOoo! I'm from Indiana/Ohio!" together.

Love you both.
Deb

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah Faith said...

dude.... its interesting to read about your reflections on closkelt around this time of year.... i like the rural-ness of it but that also worries me cause im so city oriented and usually feel more called toward that kind of ministry. makes me wonder where the best place is for me.... man, deb, i dont want to stay here. im terrified of staying here. i just wish i could get rid of this debt and just go out and do missions, but i have no idea where or what. ahhhhhhh! i want to talk to you. get online soon.
btw, on the ywam site closkelt's ministry is deemed as "reconciliation". what exactly does that mean?

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home